Nursing Resumes | Selection Criteria | Cover Letters
We specialise in working with Nurses to prepare quality Resumes, Cover Letters and Selection Criteria responses, customised with your own examples to demonstrate how you meet the criteria.
Find out more below or Send and Enquiry Now.
Want to know more? Here is what you need to know…
How does the writing process work?
The following SIX steps outline how the writing process works from your point of view. Essentially you just need to make an Enquiry, and we will guide you every step of the way!
- Contact us using the form below and let us know what you need help with. Do you need a Resume, a Cover Letter, Selection Criteria responses or all of these! We willl reply asap and provide you with our latest pricing information and anything else you need to know.
- If you decide to proceeed we will ask you to email us a copy of your current Resume and a link to the job you want to apply for (if you are not applying for a specific job that is fine, just let us know what type of job you want to apply for).
- Before we commence writing, we will send you a link to make payment via Paypal (multiple payment methods accepted via fully verified Australian Paypal account). Once the invoice is paid, work will commence straight away.
- First step is to review your current Resume and the job description and selection criteria (if applicable) and perform a gap analysis on your current Resume and then email you a short list of questions to gather more details so we can prepare your professional quality documents. For selection criteria answers, we prompt you with specific questions to extract the relevant information from you to craft strong responses.
- Once your have replied with your question responses, we commence writing. Resumes and Cover Letters are completed within 3 working days. Selection Criteria responses are completed within 5 days. Please let us know if you need to meet any job application closing dates.
- Once we have completed writing, we email your new documents in WORD format. If you require some further changes we allow for two rounds of editing. We find that most often no edits are required at all and only a small percentage require some minor changes and very rarely we need to perform a second round of edits. We are very thorough and extremely professional.
Do you use the STAR/SAO Method when writing Selection Criteria answers?
The short answer is YES! The SAO method is S – Situation, A – Action, O – Outcome. The STAR method is S – Situation, T – Task, A – Action, R – Results. Both are essentially the same thing.
Before writing your selection criteria answers, I ask you some specific questions and extract some examples of various scenarios you have encountered in the workplace. Even if you are a graduate, we can usually find examples based on your student placements. These examples play an important part in writing strong selection criteria answers. I make this process as easy as possible for you by asking questions that help prompt you, which makes it easier to think of relevant examples.
My method is then to write responses to the selection criteria questions for your role, by stating that you have the required experience, in which job(s) or training you gained the experience – SITUATION – and then back it up with an example that you have provided. I then write it in such a way that it demonstrates your understanding of the problem/situation, how you applied your clinical and nursing skills – TASK/ACTION – to assess and solve the problem, the steps you took to resolve the problem – ACTION – and how this delivered – RESULTS – a positive health outcome for the patient or contributed to a safer, or more educated working environment. Note that your answers are written in paragraph form and do not have STAR headings as this would not make sense to the reader, however they certainly follow the recommended method and are well-rounded answers.
Can I just say, I love writing Selection Criteria responses. Some people struggle to know what to write and I have the opposite problem, often finding that one of the biggest challenges is not writing too much!
Who will be writing for me?
Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Suzanne Burke and I am the principal writer at Resumes Australia. I have over 25 years of business and writing experience and university qualifications in both business and professional writing. My achievements included two individual business management awards and having a non-fiction book professionally published. Career-wise I have worked in a management capacity across a broad range of industry sectors.
I have seen thousands of Resumes and job applications in my time and I can tell you that a very small percentage of them are written well. Investing in quality documents will definitely give you an advantage when applying for jobs. As a hiring manager who has personally sifted thru job applications, I know what works and I know what doesn’t.
Do you Outsource to Overseas? NO!! Local Writer Guaranteed.
Your documents will not be outsourced to overseas writers in the Philliphines or India or anywhere else. This is becoming common-place with some Resume Writing companies. I refuse to do this. They are cheap and the language used is not quite right. In short, I can pick a Resume written by someone where English is their second language within 10 seconds.
If you are getting frustrated with applying for jobs and not getting any call-backs – OR – You have seen the perfect job and want to absolutely NAIL it, get in touch with us now.
Send an Enquiry below and let’s start a conversation.
List to what our clients have to say:
Thank you so much. You have saved me so much time and have done a much better job than I could ever hoped of doing myself.Jenny
Thank you for helping me on both sets of Selection Criteria. I was finding these so hard to write and you made the process so easy.Trinh
I will be recommending your service to friends and colleagues. I am so glad I found you!Lily